Friday, April 27, 2007

Illumination


(click photo to enlarge)

Your testimonies are wonderful;
Therefore my soul keeps them.
The unfolding of your words gives light;
It imparts understanding
To the simple.

I opened my mouth, and panted:
For I longed for thy commandments.
Look upon me,
Be merciful unto me,
And show me favor,
As is Your way to those
Who love Your name.

Direct my steps by Your word,
And let no iniquity
Have dominion over me.
Redeem me from man’s oppression,
That I may keep your precepts.
Make your face shine upon your servant
And teach me your decrees.

Streams of water run down my eyes,
Because men do not keep Your law
[They hear it not,
Nor receive it,
love it,
or obey it].
-Ps. 119:129-136, various translations


(My apologies for the gratuitous number of pictures of myself on this blog. I think it's gratuitous. But I can't afford models for my pictures. I'm sorry.)

8 comments:

evromegjojo said...

mom, bro, S.I.L., dad ...

or maybe some of your other commenters will volunteer? (I won't :D)

maybe you should get married and have a baby... Megan doesn't object when I take pictures of her :D... (she only poops, drools, pees, demands food, and cries)

--ev

stephensyc said...

hmm...i'm sure there are many other people that you can take photos of in an artsy manner... :-) but until then...i'm sure your readers wont mind more photos of you :-)

Will said...

@ev and syc
yeah, well, i'm pretty sure most people wouldn't mind me taking a picture of them. it's the nearly 30 test shots it took me to figure out how to do this setup that might test their patience :P maybe once i get more experience doing this sorta thing :)

Unknown said...

haha i thought you wrote that at first and i was all "dang... kep is so poetic" haha

Anonymous said...

@kiki

hahah. well, i do think that the psalmist was a tad more poetically skilled (and.. you know.. INSPIRED) than i :)

Unknown said...

you like looking at yourself too much. don't be so vain. :P I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE GOING TO BE NEIGHBORS!!! :DDDDDD

evromegjojo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Billy said...

this = facebook picture. the world needs to see more of your awesomeness. and your pretty face.