Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Santa Monica


(click photo to enlarge)


Have you ever heard that song "Santa Monica" by Savage Garden? It's a charming little song, about feeling out of place in a world of false appearances. It's also about prank calling your friends and pretending that you're Norman Mailer over the phone, which seems a bit odd to me.

Anyway, this was shot at the Santa Monica Pier. This guy on the guitar was actually quite good, and I thought his voice sounded a bit like Phil Collins. I think Kim got a video of him playing "Tiny Dancer." But then, later on, we saw this other guy on the Promenade singing the exact same song! What's the deal with that? Do these people share playlists or something? Is there an academy for this sort of thing? And this guy here is playing on a Martin! Why am I giving you money, sir? But then again, I did take his picture without permission, so who am I to judge, neh? And like I said, he was pretty good at what he did.

Still trying to get the hang of post-processing in black & white. But it's okay, 'cause it's digital. And man, I dig-it-all! (I'm sorry, I stole that from Strong Bad. You can blame him.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha how fun that you are writing and it's not on Xanga as well. Well do not fear, now that I know about this, I can become a reader. You should have set up the server though! I could have helped you as long as you got SSH set up. Oh well...

Will said...

@Derek
Yeah, I might have SSH set up. I don't really remember, hahah. Maybe if I get around to setting up a domain name :P