Thursday, August 2, 2007

Restroom Reading

You know, I'm usually not a fan of reading in the restroom. I can't even fathom reading in my own bathroom (which is different from a restroom. It peeves me when people get the terms mixed up, even though I get them mixed up all the time). Books and toilets just aren't a mix I want to be involved in. But I understand if people enjoy reading whilst doing their restroom-ly duties. It's convenient. It's multitasking. Whatever. I don't want to borrow their books, though.

So the other day, I walked into the restroom at our office, which we share with another company on the same property. Into the stall I go, and what's this? Twas a magazine, tucked in just above the toilet-paper dispenser. And in the back of my mind, I wondered what sort of publications people around here are into. Being a typical men's restroom, I expected the usual: Cars, sports. I don't know -- fishing? So I turned my head a bit at the sight of that magazine, trying to get a better look at the title. What do people read in the leisurely moments in the restroom stall? What counts as light reading these days around the workplace? What calms them, intrigues them, tickles their fancy? Well apparently, it is this:

Industrial Heating Magazine

Industrial. Heating. Huh. To each his own, I suppose. Not my cup of tea, though. Which is a good thing, since I wouldn't have picked it up anyway. Because that's just gross.

5 comments:

Billy said...

ohh, keppel keppel. as i was reading, i was thinking to myself: "man, there's no way he's touching that magazine, whatever it is."

my reading material of choice is usually printed articles off of websites - mostly sports, sometimes something that requires more brain juice if i'm up for it.

i was just talking to tiff about it today: do you have a preferred stall that you do your business in?

we have two stalls - one is the normal one, closer to the door and a handicapped one farther away. the handicapped one is bigger and lets more light in, which is good for reading, but it seems to be the more popular choice (HIGH BUTT TRAFFIC!) for the same reasons. i like the smaller one even though it's darker.

you know what's nastier than left behind reading material? when #2 is not so solid and there's a lot of gas involved, and it stays in the inner rim of the toilet. NASTY.

evromegjojo said...

i should have known better than to click to read an article/comments about toilets...

billy, that's gross.

--ev

Will said...

@billy
oh yeah, handicapped stall all the way. it's so roomy. the other stalls are so cramped, i practically have to stand on the toilet to get the door closed.

and i agree, splashy #2 is uber sick. makes me wanna carry around a bleach spray bottle :P so gross

@ev
i agree completely. hahaha. these two comments had me chuckling at work for a while.

Will said...

@billy
high butt traffic... hahah

superpao said...

why yes, it is convenient, it is multitasking